Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Who is Baby Briley?

So, I have been terrible on keeping up on our blog, please forgive me. As you can probably guess, a lot has happened since our last blog.
We received a picture of a little girl who is 6-9months old, who was abandoned and brought to the Jamaa Letu Orphanage, where we are adopting from. Bill and I prayed and talked, shared this little one with a few people and sought the Spirit, asking the Lord to reveal to us if she was our child.
As we processed her age, our need to still reach our financial goal for the adoption expenses, her coming home in only 3 months and us moving in the next month, Bill and I did not feel completely at peace that we were the family for her. We began to pray that God would show us if there was another family that she belonged to. Shortly after we began this prayer, the woman from Our Family Adoptions Emailed to let me know that if we did not feel a peace with bringing this little one into our family, that there was a family who was very interested in her.
After Bill and I processed/prayed through this more, we felt peace with deciding that we were not the family for her. So, just the other night, I received an Email that this family is very excited about this little girl, and are pursuing adopting her. It brings relief and joy to our hearts that this little one will be brought to her new home and to her family in just a few months.
Please continue to pray with us for discernment in who our child is, and feel free to let us know how to be praying for you as well.
I'll try to be better with blogging in the future...Sowwy!

1 comments:

Jamie Hergott said...

haha SOWWY! ;)

love your blogs. love your heart. so encouraging to me.

love you, friend.