Friday, March 21, 2008

A new respect...

I made it home safely from Turkey, it was a great trip. It was amazing to be with Katie and the girls and to see each day what Christian home, with 3 small children, looks like. I was blown away by what a great mother Katie is and learned so much during this time. Although Bill and I helped take care of 12 Navajo foster children on the Rez, it certainly was not a "normal" household, and wrapping my mind around parenthood was nearly impossible. So, I learned so much during my trip about parenting and the necessary intentionality in all that we do as we train and lead children. Needless to say, I realized what an enormous task Bill and I are undertaking as we adopt, and I pray that we will pour out love and grace, that we will be patient and understanding, that the Word of God will dwell in us richly as we teach and admonish eachother in our home. I am excited to be a mom, and know it will be such an amazing experience, and am thankful for our community that will help us raise our child in the ways of Jesus, but a new fear, actually, a new deep respect has formed in my heart regarding the enormous responsibility and privledge we have in raising children.

0 comments: